Everyone needs a fast and simple salad recipe that they can whip out when you are completely lacking in inspiration for a healthy lunch. This is where this Quick and Easy Baked Chickpea Hummus Salad comes into its own!
I love this salad because as well as being full of colourful vegetables, it's still very satisfying. The chickpeas are both crispy and chewy and add a wonderful texture.
💕 Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you've been looking for a fast and super easy lunch time staple, then this delicious and filling Baked Chickpea Hummus Salad is the one for you! You’ll love it because its:
And best of all it’s so straight forward to put together, read ahead to find out how it’s done.
First bake your chickpeas coated with a little coconut oil along with the seasoning in a pre-heated oven. While it’s baking, prepare your salad leaves and any other raw vegetables such as radish, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes.
Thanks to the hummus, no additional salad dressing is required, so once the chickpeas are cooked, just stir up and enjoy!
🥗 How to Meal Prep This Salad
If you are meal prepping this salad, keep the hummus and the baked chickpeas separate from the rest of the salad. This will ensure that your salad leaves remain crispy and fresh. You can even re-heat the chickpeas before adding to your salad to make it even more enjoyable.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
I've recommended a half serving of the cooked chickpeas for this salad, particularly if you're in the first couple of months of the diet, so that it is easier on your digestion (which is the case for all beans and pulses).
If you have a bigger appetite, or you're further into the diet, you can go ahead for the full serving as it is all good stuff! If you do find yourself feeling bloated or windy afterwards, however, reduce the portion size of the chickpeas and instead add some extra calories in the form of avocado, some grilled chicken or fish, or some walnuts.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be sure to rate and leave a comment below, and tag @anti_candida_kitchen on Instagram with the hashtag #anticandidakitchen. Happy cooking!
Quick and Easy Baked Chickpea Hummus Salad
- 240 g cooked chickpeas equal to a 400g can or jar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- Pinch salt optional
- 1 Large handful of mixed salad leaves
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 tablespoon hummus
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- Drain and rinse your cooked chickpeas if using from a can.
- If you prefer a crunchier chickpea, pat them try, otherwise for a chewier texture, leave them a little damp.
- Coat the chickpeas in the oil and seasoning on a baking sheet. I do not add salt to the chickpeas myself as I will be serving it with hummus which will be salted. If you plan on using the chickpeas for snacking as well, feel free to salt!
- Add the chickpeas to the oven, and bake for around 25 minutes, giving the chickpeas a shake at half-time.
- Assemble all of your salad ingredients with a generous helping of hummus in the middle. Top with the still warm chickpeas and enjoy!
- The above ingredients are enough for two servings of salad, so either half the ingredients for a single serving, or store in the fridge for an easy lunch the next day.