Indulge in the wholesome goodness of dairy-free apple cinnamon overnight oats. Packed with nutrients, these oats are a delicious blend of flavours and textures perfect for your morning routine.
This recipe makes the perfect make-ahead candida diet breakfast. This recipe combines the earthy richness of organic rolled oats with the freshness of grated green apple, all infused with the warmth of sweet cinnamon.
Don't get me wrong, I love to enjoy regular oatmeal in the morning, and on the candida diet I particularly liked this coconut chia seed oatmeal recipe. However, when the weather is a little warmer or you just need something ready-made in the morning, then this recipe is just the ticket.
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Seeds: Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds contribute wholesome goodness, texture and crunch.
- Ground Sweet Cinnamon
- Powdered Xylitol
- Green Apple - lends a burst of freshness and natural sweetness.
- Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt - provides creaminess and a dose of live cultures.
- Almond Milk - can be substituted with coconut or oat milk.
See recipe card for quantities.
1. In a bowl, combine the rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, powdered xylitol and a pinch of salt.
2. Wash and grate a green Granny Smith apple and add to the mixture. There is no need to peel the apple first.
3. Add the unsweetened coconut yogurt and almond milk. Thoroughly mix the ingredients until well combined, ensuring that the grated apple is evenly distributed.
4. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight, allowing the flavours to meld and the oats to absorb the liquid.
In the morning, indulge in the convenience of your ready-to-eat breakfast. Portion out your desired serving size into a bowl and serve with your favourite toppings such as fresh berries, toasted coconut flakes, roasted almond butter, or a spoonful of homemade unsweetened apple sauce.
If nut allergies are a concern, replace almond milk with coconut or oat milk, and substitute the almond butter for sunflower seed butter.
Customize your overnight oats by experimenting with different fruits, such as mashed strawberries instead of apple, as well as using different spices such as vanilla or pumpkin spice.
Adjust the sweetness to your liking by modifying the amount of powdered xylitol.
Add a scoop of unsweetened candida diet-friendly protein powder to stay satisfied for longer.
A bowl for mixing and an airtight container for refrigerating are all you need to prepare this dish. Either make a large batch to spoon out into individual servings, or pre-portion into single serve containers for a grab-n-go breakfast.
This Dairy-Free Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats recipe is ideal for meal prepping. Store the oats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days, ensuring a hassle-free and wholesome breakfast throughout the week.
✨ Top Tips
Although overnight oats can be made with just plant milk, I strongly recommend the addition of the coconut yogurt for a creamy more indulgent texture and flavour.
Choose a plant based unsweetened yogurt with live cultures for added nutritional value.
Don't have any yogurt to hand? You can make your own protein-packed, dairy free yogurt using a pack of silken tofu you may already have in the cupboard with my sugar free Lemon Blueberry Yogurt recipe.
Certainly, feel free to substitute powdered xylitol with your preferred sweetener such as stevia or erythritol. Adjust quantities to achieve your desired level of sweetness.
More Candida Diet Breakfast Ideas
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Dairy-Free Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 80 g organic rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered xylitol
- 1 Granny Smith apple grated
- 120 g unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 120 ml unsweetened almond milk can be substituted with coconut or oat milk
- Sliced apple
- Fresh blueberries
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Almond butter
- In a bowl, combine organic rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, ground sweet cinnamon, powdered xylitol, and a pinch of salt. Stir to mix everything well.
- Grate the green apple and add it to the bowl. Also, add unsweetened coconut yogurt and almond milk to the mixture. Stir all the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture into an airtight container, ensuring it's sealed well. Refrigerate the container overnight to allow the flavours to develop.
- In the morning, take out the container and scoop a portion into a bowl.
- Finish off by adding your favourite toppings like sliced apple, fresh blueberries, toasted coconut flakes, and a dollop of almond butter on top of the oats.